Error creating project: "The parameter is incorrect"

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I am trying to use the Wizard but am getting the following error just at the end of the Wizard:

"Systern.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect, (Exception from
H RESULT:
0x80070057 (EJNVALIDARG))
at EnvDTE.Projects.Item(Object index)
at
MartijnHoogendoorn.BizTalk.Wizards.PipebneComponentWizard.BizTalkPipeUne Wizard.CreateProject(Solution mySolution)
MartajnHoogendoorn.BizTaIk.Wizards.PipetineComponentWazard.BizTalkPipeüne Wizard.CreateSolutionCDTE IDEObject. Object[J ContextParams)
at
MartijnHoogendoorn.BizTalk.Wizards.PipetineComponentWizard.BizTalkPipeLine
Wizard.Execute(Object Application, 1nt32 hwndOwner, ObjectlJ& ContextParams, Objectlj& CustomParams, wizardResuft& retval)
Ok "

Using BT2010 Beta and VS2010.

Any info much appreciated

Thanks.

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Did you ever managed to get this solved?  I am getting the same error. 

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:23 PM

This is far from a good solution but it is working for me..

1. BizTalkPipelineComponentWizard.cs, line 327, make it look like:

try
            {
                // delete the Class1.cs|vb|jsharp|... the template adds to the project
                if (pipelineComponentProject.ProjectItems.Item("Class1" + classFileExtension) != null)
                    pipelineComponentProject.ProjectItems.Item("Class1" + classFileExtension).Delete();
            }
            catch
            {
            }

line 419:

try
                {
                    // set the editor to the newly created sourcecode
                    mainSourceFile.Activate();
                }
                catch
                {

}

2. If originally the wizard complained about the name of your database, change the regex at WzPageGeneralSetup.cs@14

3. Recompile project, create msi, uninstall previous version, install.

4. restart VS's just in case. If working with TFS, just create an isolated empty solution where you create the pipeline project.

The wizard should not show errors, but in my case still something is having VS to close. The advantage now is that at least the source code gets completely generated, not half way like before. At this point the project can be added to another TFS controlled solution and worked on.

Regards.

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Has anyone been able to get to the bottom of this please? No matter what I try I get the same error.

Jul 14, 2011 at 4:30 AM

I found that it works if you create a New Project and Solution at the same time.  If you try and create a project in an existing solution, it gets the error outlined above.  The faulting statement is:

pipelineComponentProject = this._Application.Solution.Projects.Item(Path.Combine(Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(projectFileName), projectFileName));

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM
mape1082 wrote:

I am trying to use the Wizard but am getting the following error just at the end of the Wizard:

Using BT2010 Beta and VS2010.

Any info much appreciated

Thanks.

"Systern.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect, (Exception from
H RESULT:
0x80070057 (EJNVALIDARG))
at EnvDTE.Projects.Item(Object index)
at
MartijnHoogendoorn.BizTalk.Wizards.PipebneComponentWizard.BizTalkPipeUne Wizard.CreateProject(Solution mySolution)
MartajnHoogendoorn.BizTaIk.Wizards.PipetineComponentWazard.BizTalkPipeüne Wizard.CreateSolutionCDTE IDEObject. Object[J ContextParams)
at
MartijnHoogendoorn.BizTalk.Wizards.PipetineComponentWizard.BizTalkPipeLine
Wizard.Execute(Object Application, 1nt32 hwndOwner, ObjectlJ& ContextParams, Objectlj& CustomParams, wizardResuft& retval)
Ok "

I got the same error. I had to two two things to resolve this -

1) make sure that I add a new pipeline project to a "new" solution, as Bruce mentioned.

2)in the "New Project" window, check the "Create directory for solution" checkbox.

Jul 1, 2015 at 7:40 PM
Just confirming that above fix of "create directory for solution" worked for me in VS2010 (still in 2015).
Neal