Problem using with BizTalk 2010

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I’ve repeatedly tried to use the Pipeline Component Wizard on three new development builds of BizTalk Server 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2.  No problems encountered during installations but, after entering information and clicking finish at the end of the Wizard process the following error information is given.

System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
   at EnvDTE.Projects.Item(Object index)
   at MartijnHoogendoorn.BizTalk.Wizards.PipeLineComponentWizard.BizTalkPipeLineWizard.CreateProject(Solution mySolution)
   at MartijnHoogendoorn.BizTalk.Wizards.PipeLineComponentWizard.BizTalkPipeLineWizard.CreateSolution(_DTE IDEObject, Object[] ContextParams)
   at MartijnHoogendoorn.BizTalk.Wizards.PipeLineComponentWizard.BizTalkPipeLineWizard.Execute(Object Application, Int32 hwndOwner, Object[]& ContextParams, Object[]& CustomParams, wizardResult& retval)

I've searched the WEB and this site for possible solutions but none have been found. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Hello,

Do you found the solution for this problem ?

Because I'm newby with BizTalk and I also get this error...

Thanks in advance for your help ! 

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Yes. I downloaded the latest version and it worked.

Bob Syren

Information Technology - EAS

Phone: 305 284-3980

Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:18 AM
To: Syren, Bob
Subject: Re: Problem using with BizTalk 2010 [btsplcw:353704]

Hello,

Do you found the solution for this problem ?

Because I'm newby with BizTalk and I also get this error...

Thanks in advance for your help !

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I encountered the same problem but solved it by having the checkbox "Create directory for solution" checked in the first screen after the Welcome Screen.
If I left it unchecked the wizard crashed at the end with the "parameter incorrect" exception.